Frequently asked questions
Can I consolidate multiple portfolios?+
Insa PMS offers you an enormous spectrum of consolidation possibilities from the simple case of one company or client with multiple portfolios at different banks through to more complex scenarios such as multiple clients and multiple restraints.
Which interfaces does Insa provide?+
Typically Insa interfaces with:
• Custodian banks (UBS, Credit Suisse, BSI).
• Core banking systems (Avaloq, Finnova, State Street).
• All major market data providers (Telekurs, Bloomberg, Reuters, Fides).
• Financial bookkeeping solutions (Abacus, PeBe, SAP).
We are continually developing new interfaces for our clients.
Is the reporting customizable?+
Insa comes installed with numerous ready-to-use reports based on your specific requirements.
You may also quickly and easily design custom reports.
• Generate custom reports on the fly with the Insa Reporting Wizard. Create well designed reports in seconds by combining text, bar and pie charts.
• Report groups can be assigned to individual clients, client groups or companies and be printed individually or in batches.
• Export the reports to Excel, PDF, XML.
How are transactions entered into Insa?+
You can enter transactions manually or have them automatically downloaded into Insa from your custodian banks.
• Enter single or global transactions quickly and easily.
• Run pretrade management, legal, or client restrictions.
• Tag your transactions as provisional or confirmed.
• Generate individual or global bank orders for each custody bank.
• Downloading data from your custody banks is just a mouse click away.
• Insa will automatically open new accounts, new securities and process your transactions.
• Upload your orders to the custody bank.
• Reconcile holdings and account balances between Insa and the bank.
How does Insa manage performance calculations?+
Insa calculates true time-weighted and money-weighted performance on a single portfolio or consolidated portfolios to satisfy the latest GIPS and SPPS requirements. You can set benchmarks and visually compare the performance of every instrument within a portfolio or consolidated asset classes.
As a bank, can we analyze assets?+
Managing more than 100 clients who have different investment aspirations demands a continual appraisement of the individual client portfolios.
Insa gives you sophisticated client analysis and comprehensive client information.
Does Insa manage model portfolios and rebalancing?+
Insa lets you generate model portfolios based on recommendation lists and restrictions.
It is easy to quickly rebalance portfolios.
• Build portfolio models by using freely selectable investment segments such as Swiss shares, US shares or euro bonds.
• Define models by assigning specific percentages of investment segments.
• Compare portfolios to models, then automatically generate buy/sell orders to bring the actual portfolio in line with the model.
• Automatically rebalance the individual portfolio by changing the individual securities within a segment.
• Run batch applications to test client portfolios within a certain tolerance of the asset allocation chosen.
Can Insa generate bank orders?+
You can generate single or global bank orders.
• Automatically run pretrade checks for management, legal and/or client restrictions.
• Produce orders for multiple portfolios.
• Order reports are automatically produced per custody bank.
These can be faxed or emailed. Some bank interfaces provide a direct link to trade desk.
• Automatically generate bank orders from investment proposals or rebalancing proposals.
Can Insa calculate management fees and retrocession?+
Insa allows you to enter multiple courtage and fee conventions allowing you to:
• Check and correct courtage, brokerage fees.
• Calculate retrocession on courtage.
• Calculate retrocession on custodial fees, FX transactions, money market transactions and hedge funds.
• Automatically generate letters to a) clients to state fees charged and b) banks to debit client accounts and credit your accounts.
Does Insa analyze risk?+
Insa generates comprehensive risk analysis reports for complete or partial investments as well as for a single or groups of portfolios. Included are:
• Derivative exposure.
• Risk attribution e.g. Sharpe ratio, benchmark vs. portfolio.
• Currency and interest rate risk.
• Value at risk (VAR).
Can Insa manage money laundering and compliance?+
Yes, with Insa you can define a compliance officer who is the only person able to use this module.
• Identify clients with increased risk.
• Specify transaction types to be monitored.
• Create reports required by law.
Can Insa control strict asset allocation?+
Insa can immediately provide information on adherence to the agreed asset allocation.
Investment funds can be broken down into their basic exposures such as currency, investment instrument, and domicile and industry segment.
Does Insa incorporate a CRM module?+
The Insa CRM module enables relationship managers to manage client contacts and documents.
• The Document Manager provides you with a simple-to-use storage and management system for client documents – as required by internal and regulatory regulations. You may generate reports detailing missing or expired documents.
• The Contact Manager maintains a history for client contacts and allows you to store customer-related comments.
Can Insa audit all transactions?
Can I be compliant and transparent?+
Sustain trust with hard data as you use the audit log that allows traceability of all actions made by any one user.
Create time and money weighted performance reports compliant to the latest GIPS/AIMS/ SPPS standards.
Can Insa offer multicompany functionality?+
Within Insa, you may open as many company accounts as you wish.
Thus you are able to customize structures and calculations and Insa’s settings for each company.
Is Insa able to run year-end routines and generate statutory reports?+
As an institutional investor, you may re value investments according to your needs, for example quarterly or at year’s end.
Insa calculates these results based on lowest value, amortized value, mark-to-market and more.
Insa also features pension fund, insurance and Swiss Solvency Test reporting.
What other functionality does Insa offer?+
If you have your own investment funds, then Insa has a module that calculates NAV including the different fees applicable. It also checks compliance with the fund statutes.
Insa has developed a brokerage module that provides complete brokerage functionality including statutory reporting.